Do you find it difficult to leave the house without makeup? No problem! Waterproof makeup is there to help you stay beautiful in all circumstances, whether it’s raining, snowing, or windy. Here are our essentials to display a radiant complexion throughout the year.
Waterproof makeup: what for?
Designed to resist water, waterproof makeup makes it possible to bathe with makeup on, but not only… When it’s particularly hot, we tend to sweat, which is certainly completely natural, but which can ruin a pretty complexion. or run off our mascara. Difficult in these conditions to remain beautiful in all circumstances. If some of us abandon our makeup as soon as our skin takes on a nice tan, this is not the case for everyone. Whether it’s the complexion, the lips, or the eyes, some are not able to leave their homes without a minimum of makeup, even on vacation at the beach. Question of complex or coquetry? No matter!
Waterproof makeup will last longer than traditional makeup and resist swimming, perspiration, and other inconveniences related to temperatures. Not to mention the tears… Yes, waterproof makeup is often the best ally of a future bride and her bridesmaids. A wedding day without tears is not the same… But if the bride wears smudged mascara and a dripping foundation on her pretty dress, it is not ideal for the photos.
Are waterproof and “green” cosmetics possible?
Waterproof cosmetics are more covering and more resistant than their traditional counterparts. This is why it is not always easy to find them among green brands. The chemical components are the ablest to resist water and heat. However, some brands still offer mascaras, semi-permanent varnishes, and other waterproof cosmetics that have proven themselves in the middle of summer or the water!
Also Read: 8 Makeup Mistakes that Make You Look Older
Waterproof cosmetics: our favorites
- Manicurist’s Green Flash semi-permanent nail polish kit – The brand has developed green nail polishes made up of ingredients of up to 84% natural origin, vegan, and cruelty-free. And for extreme conditions, such as in summer, when the varnish lasts much less on your nails because of the heat, the sand, and the seawater, the brand has developed its Green Flash range… A semi-permanent varnish without endocrine disruptor that you can apply alone, at home, thanks to its complete kit. What to wear a pretty waterproof manicure in sober or downright pop colors!
- Avril Cosmetic waterproof mascara – The Avril brand is known for offering organic cosmetics at low prices. Its certified organic water-resistant mascara is available in black, brown, plum, and navy, for a polished look that stays in place even after an afternoon on the beach or hot weather! Easy to apply, it is priced at €7… Unbeatable!
- Ilia’s Clean Line Liquid Eyeliner – Do you dream of bathing with a nice line of liner that doesn’t budge? This product is made for you! Intense black and easy to apply, Ilia’s liner has a clean composition and allows you to maintain a nice eye makeup even in high heat.
- Lock It foundation by Kate Von D – If the range of cosmetics is not the cleanest on the market, it has the merit of being extremely covering, vegan, and cruelty-free. The Lock It base is waterproof and provides incredible coverage, even in high heat or during your summer swims.
- The Jane Iredale Eyebrow Pencil – Particularly suitable for intolerant skin prone to redness, Jane Iredale cosmetics have an irreproachable composition and provide a stunning natural finish. The brand’s eyebrow pencil allows you to keep your eyebrows perfectly groomed and made up, even in hot weather or after swimming. Available in 3 different shades, the pencil has an eyebrow brush for perfect waterproof makeup.
Makeup removal of waterproof cosmetics
Now that you have found your waterproof makeup essentials, all you have to do is choose a suitable makeup remover. Indeed, if waterproof cosmetics are more resistant, there is a good chance that your usual makeup remover will not be enough to overcome them at the end of the day. Prefer makeup remover oils that will dislodge the smallest makeup particle or two-phase makeup removers for waterproof mascara.
Be cautious, however, to cleanse your skin thoroughly with a cleansing product after the makeup removal stage in order to sidestep small pimples and other grains of milium, these small white dots that lodge under the skin near the eyes.
Here are the editor’s favorite waterproof makeup removers:
- Bioderma – Atoderm – Cleansing Oil
- JUNO & Co. Clean 10 Cleansing Balm
- La Roche Posay Respectissime waterproof eye makeup remover
- Vichy Pureté Thermale Sensitive Eyes waterproof makeup remover
Photo: Pexels/ K2 ProductionAll products featured on Body Care Art are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.