Our kitchen cabinets are full of foods with numerous valuable effects to utilize for cooking, but not only! Have you just boiled rice and your first intuition is to throw away the cooking water? Not so fast! We have a beauty secret for you and it’s very serious. Rice water has considerable advantages for your hair. We describe you more in this article.
A bit of history… What is the basis of the use of rice water as a beauty routine?
The use of rice water for its beauty advantages dates back to ancient times. Certainly, this hair ritual arrives straight from Asia! Since the Heian era, Japanese women have been employing rice fermentation to prepare a 100% natural hair remedy called Yu-Su-Ru.
Rice water which possesses many properties is then utilized for rinsing the hair. Court women of the Heian period were known for owning beautiful long hair, so long that it touched the ground. These women called Osuberakashi rinsed their heads every day with Yu-Su-Ru!
Why is it a good concept to draw inspiration from ancestral beauty rituals?
In general, Japanese women are known throughout the world for their beauty habits and when you see their shiny manes, you want to be motivated by them…
Moreover, with the rise of slow cosmetics and the necessity to take care of oneself with healthfuller and more natural products, the return of the Yu-Su-Ru trend carries on its full meaning.
Also Read: Natural Hair Oils and Their Advantages
In this formula, there is only natural! No chemical ingredients, no synthetic fragrances, or superfluous components. Rice water is a healthful, natural beauty ritual and on top of that, within everyone’s reach, because it is very easy to make and affordable…
What are the godsends of rice water for hair?
Fermented rice water is loaded with goodness! Undoubtedly, rice is wealthy in protein, amino acids, and vitamins B and E.
These natural active ingredients fast penetrate the heart of the hair fiber and process instantly on the scalp.
When boiled, these nutrients and components will diffuse into the water.
Rice Water products on Amazon:
Once the cooking water has chilled, it develops into an excellent beauty recipe. We will see a little later that there are several manners for carrying out this practice.
Concretely, the rice water utilized in rinsing oil, in conditioner, or in the mask drives it possible to:
- Fortify the scalp;
- Boost hair growth;
- Smooth the hair fiber;
- Feed the hair in depth;
- Ease styling;
- Prevent breakage;
- Repair spikes;
- Reduce frizz and furnish more elasticity;
- Tighten cuticles and add shine to dull hair.
The benefits of this treatment are so many! It makes the hair stronger, the ends less brittle and that’s why your hair has an easier time growing.
In addition, using this mixture in care allows you to deposit a layer of starch on your hair, which will act as a protective layer and allow your hair to resist high heat as well as pollution.
How to prepare rice water to make a treatment?
Know that there are 3 methods to make this preparation.
Method number 1: soaking
- Start by rinsing the uncooked rice (about 1/2 cup) in clear water for the first time to rid it of impurities.
- Then place it in a container and cover it with water.
- Leave to soak for about 30 minutes.
- Once the period has elapsed, filter and gathers the water from the rice.
You can employ this water as a remedy for your hair!
Method number 2: cooking water
- As for the previous step, start by rinsing your rice with clear water for the first time.
- Next, bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, then add the rice.
- Once it is cooked, you can collect it to eat it and save the cooking water.
- Let it cool. As soon as it is well cooled, you can use it as a treatment! Either rinse your hair with, or as a conditioner or as a hair mask.
Know that you can keep this water for up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Method number 3: fermentation
- Rinse the uncooked rice with clean water once to remove all impurities.
- Place it in a bowl and cover it with water.
- Let it soak for 30 minutes.
- When collecting the water, place it in a clean container and let it sit for 2 days at room temperature. This resting time will allow it to ferment. Once these two days have passed, you can use the rice water as a treatment for your hair!
With this fermentation method, the rice water contains even more antioxidants, which increases its virtues and benefits tenfold.
How to apply rice water on your hair?
Now that your potion is ready, all you have to do is apply it!
- First, in the shower, clean your hair with your usual shampoo.
- Then pour the rice water all over your hair from roots to ends.
- You can stop there and rinse your hair one last time with clean water or you can leave it on for a few minutes as you would for a conditioner, so that all the properties of the rice water penetrate well.
- Once this is done, rinse thoroughly.
Your hair will be smoother and more manageable to comb.
For an in-depth remedy, you can likewise operate your preparation as a hair mask and leave it on lengthier.
Here is a little homemade recipe:
Ferment the rice for two daylight, then collect the water. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to your practice, then blend well.
Coconut oil has numerous virtues for the hair, mixed with rice water, it’s the endearing combo!
Spread your homemade remedy to all of your cleaned and damp hair. To reproduce the outcomes of the mask, cover your hair in a hot towel.
Yet, leave it on for 20 min up to overnight and rinse your hair again.
Admire the outcome!
Do not pause to complete this remedy at least twice a month. It will permit you to acquire lovely, healthy, glossy, and healthy hair.
As you will have comprehended, rice water is an important partner for the attractiveness of your hair. This natural and easy to organize treatment can be utilized for all hair sorts. If your hair is soft and lacks shine, go for it with your eyes closed!
If they are curly, unruly, or if they are damaged, dry, and/or brittle, don’t hesitate for a second! Your hair will be more powerful, more nourished, and grow faster. admit that rice water is also wonderful for the skin.
Image by Mikhail Nilov via PexelsAll products featured on Body Care Art are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.