Dilated pores, dull complexion, imperfections… A coverage foundation allows you to display a fresh and flawless complexion.
However, it must not prevent your skin from breathing and must have a naturalistic finish! We sort through the covering foundations…
The different varieties of foundation
In stick, powder, liquid, tinted serum… There are many different foundations on the market. First of all, if you are here, you are certainly looking for an effective covering foundation.
However, a covering foundation must let your skin breathe in order to prevent it from producing too much sebum and clogging your pores.
This would lead in particular to the appearance of blackheads and comedones. Vegan, natural, high-end, or even cheap foundation, think above all about choosing a foundation adapted to your skin type.
Dry skin will require above all a moisturizing foundation with a fluid texture. It is crucial to opt for a foundation in the form of a serum, cream, or liquid.
Also Read: 5 Reasons Why You Need to Adopt Lash Enhancement!
Combination to oily skin will prefer a mattifying foundation as well as a light-textured foundation, while mature skin will choose an anti-aging covering foundation.
It must be said that innovations in beauty products in recent years are such that powder or liquid foundations can be suitable for all skin types, in particular thanks to the active ingredients they contain.
Indeed, we tended to say that liquid foundations were more suitable for dry skin and that stick foundation were too thick for oily skin. However, this is no longer really the case today thanks to ever more innovative textures and active ingredients.
Why opt for a covering foundation?
A foundation allows you to work on your complexion and give you a healthy glow! It is also an excellent make-up base. If you have a dull complexion, wrinkles, or an acne problem, the covering foundation allows you to hide all these problems in 3 brush strokes!
In addition, a foundation is now also a treatment. Indeed, it is generally loaded with anti-aging, moisturizing, or mattifying active ingredients. Be sure to choose a covering foundation with an SPF index.
This will help protect your skin from UV rays. The goal is to delay the harmful effects of the sun and the aging of your skin cells. In conclusion, a covering foundation has the advantage of being generally long-lasting.
It, therefore, ensures a flawless complexion from morning to evening.
The best covering foundations:
- Lock It Foundation by Kat Von D – Vegan, Kat Von D’s foundation is one of the most covered on the market. When it was released, the designer promoted it by using it to camouflage her many tattoos. They became invisible after applying the famous foundation. Available in 30 different shades, the liquid foundation provides buildable coverage, from natural to full, depending on the amount and brush used;
- Face Tape de Tarte – Tarte is the brand that all French women have been waiting for for a long time. Hypoallergenic and very covering, the Face Tape foundation mattifies and hydrates your skin while illuminating the complexion. Ideal for concealing imperfections, the foundation is vegan and available in 19 shades and 5 different shades;
- Infallible 24h from L’Oréal – here is our best cheap foundation! Displayed at a price of approximately €13.90, it is accessible to all and has an SPF 25 index. With its fluid texture, it is particularly easy to apply. Especially since its coverage offers a perfect complexion that resists throughout the day. Available in 20 shades, you will even find it on the shelves of your supermarket;
- Clinique’s Even Better Clinical Serum Foundation – when a beauty brand does makeup, they usually do it very well. Clinique’s signature foundation has an SPF 20 sun protection factor. It will also leave your skin plumped, smoothed, and exfoliated. Indeed, vitamin C and the acids it contains (hyaluronic and salicylic) make it possible to transform this foundation into real skin care. This will allow you significant coverage while taking care of your epidermis;
- Double Wear by Estée Lauder – a true cult product, the Double Wear foundation by Estée Lauder remains an unbeatable foundation for covering foundations. Transfer-free and long-lasting, it acts as a second skin and is available in 56 shades! A covering and light texture at the same time makes the foundation comfortable and brings a very natural look to your skin. A unified complexion, without shine and fresh throughout the day;
- Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation by Fenty Beauty – Rihanna’s make-up brand is making a lot of noise… And for good reason, its products are of incomparable quality and effectiveness and come in many shades to inclusive beauty that caters to all skin colors. Long-lasting, covering, and mattifying, the Pro Filt’r foundation is vegan. Especially since it works very easily with a brush, fingers or beauty blender;
Skin Illusion Velvet by Clarins – hydrating and covering, this foundation with a matte finish is the best ally for combination and oily skin.
With its light and velvety texture, it remains comfortable all day long. It contains 89% care formula and 7 plant extracts including organic arbutus extract which visibly enhances the complexion.
Photo: Pexels/ DS StoriesAll products featured on Body Care Art are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.